March 14, 2020
Amidst the COVID-19 outbreak, we will continue to make your delicious lattes, cappuccinos and incredible edibles, but we will be doing it a little bit differently than usual in an effort to keep everyone as healthy as possible. Those changes look like the following:
- We will be adhering to strict handwashing guidelines. Each team member will wash hands after handling any money. This may cause a slightly slower service time, but it’s to ensure the safety of our guests and staff. E will also be Increasing our mandatory hand-washing times.
- We will temporarily be pulling all silverware, napkins and condiments including self-serve creamer, sugars, etc. to limit touches. We would love to supply you with whatever you may need to enhance your drink and experience from behind the counter.
- We will also be temporarily discontinuing use of all reusable mugs, plates and silverware and using everything disposable for the time being.
- Temporarily discontinue the refilling of personal travel tumblers. If you bring in your tumbler, you will still get the tumbler discount, but in a paper cup.
- Heightened cleaning and sanitation protocols, including scheduled and random times of sanitizing all work surfaces, tables, door handles, etc.
- We will be requiring staff to stay home if they are showing multiple symptoms of this virus.
Some of these protocols may slow down our service slightly, but their purpose is to keep you and our staff healthy and safe. Thank you for your grace and patience as we experience this uncharted ground. We encourage your prayers and want to remind you that we will still have coffee, free Wi-Fi and a welcoming place for you to enjoy them in.
Your friends at Habitué Coffeehouse & Bakery